USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kids. Gotta love 'em


I got to work with 3rd graders yesterday, and it's been quite a while since I've been with grade-school kids. What always surprises me most, is how expressive and sweet the younger kids are.

This particular class made me a batch of cards, whereas usually I just come home with a note or card from one or two of the quieter ones. I really love the picture of me one little boy drew, complete with my black slacks and watermelon shirt. (still pondering what caused the yellow face, but hoping it was just a color-shortage) And I got one really awesome tiny sticky note which reads simply, "you are nice". Came from the little dude who was last to finish his work, and didn't have much free time to draw. Might keep that one in my sub bag, actually.

They sure have no problem saying "I love you", which is a very good thing.

Highlight of my day (heh, not exactly, cue the sound of the record needle screeching to a stop) was when one of the girls asked me if I was born in the 1800s. Kids, huh?

Anyway, I've got some more treasures to add to my stash. Who says riches are measured in numbers next to dollar signs? :)

Happy Wednesday!

Autumn Piper
Got romance?

No comments: