USA Today Best of 2012

Monday, September 6, 2010

Relocating on Labor Day

I'm hoping this will be my last post from the old address... and I won't have internet access at the new one for a few more days, so I'll be parking outside the library and crashing Mom's house for WiFi until Thursday.

Been a long, long time since I moved over Labor Day weekend (I generally avoid moving if school is in session, but my kids are big enough now they've actually been a great help, and it's not like we have to change schools this time), and I have to say, this one has definitely gone the smoothest (at least to this point when I'm writing, which is actually on Friday, ). All this week, I've made 2 trips from the old house to the new with my pickup loaded down--mostly carrying plastic totes full of our stuff, which I then unpack and put away, and haul back "home" again. It's working out great. Not too much packing or unpacking all at once, and no messing with folding boxes or taping. Got all the seldom-used stuff earlier in the week, and now I'm down to the necessities, which will hopefully be easy to finish up this weekend when we move furniture. If you can afford to have both places available to you for a week or so, I'd highly recommend this method!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

Autumn Piper
Got romance?

No comments: