USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Whatcha Readin' Wednesday

This week's (month's? Year's?) review book is Meg Cabot's Queen of Babble. I'd actually read this book before, but this time listened to the audio book. My kids thought I was even more insane when I laughed uproariously with me headphones on than they do when I sing and dance with them on...

This isn't Meg's YA-- it's definitely a "grown-up" novel. Very funny, sweet, and in the chick-lit tradition, written in first person from our up and coming young heroine (who has a habit of getting herself in sticky situations, usually brought on by her babbling). Her boyfriend Andy will remain in my mind forever, the tacky dude who sent her a picture "of his bare ass" and showed up at the airport to get her in "a red leather jacket with epaulettes." If I had copy of this book (I borrowed the audio file from the library), it'd have a place of honor on my bookshelf, and I fully intend to read the other Queen of Babble books which follow. Thus, I proudly bestow upon this novel Piper Patter's highest book honor: Get Your Own Copy.

Piper Denna
Romance is sexy!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the review!! I keep saying I will read her stuff...loved The Princess Diaries movies! :) And this sounds right up my alley!! I will go add it to Goodreads asap!

I just finished the 3rd installment of the Uglies series bu Scott Westerfeld, Specials. Great series...not what I normally read at all!