USA Today Best of 2012

Monday, June 21, 2010

...and the light flickers on.

You know that old saying, "Can't see the forest for the trees"?

I've often wondered why it is I don't "get" what other people enjoy about movies or shows involving the mafia. (people who know me well are probably mentally bonking me on the head already) So what if there's money and power involved? All I can think is "those people are bad". But not everybody feels that way. Obviously. (Except when the crime gang involved is Japanese... those are always "bad guys" in movies, LOL.)

So here it is, after many long hours of therapy. (Not really). I mentally group anything mafia together, and connect them all with my father's disappearance, which makes them bad (more bad than the combined drugs, corruption, mutilations, and murders, that is). Maybe I wouldn't feel so strongly about mob activity, if everybody didn't suspect the Cuban mafia was the cause--or directly responsible for--my dad permanently going off the radar. But heck, as psychological scapegoats go, it's not so bad to lay all the blame for this on crime syndicates, right? And at least now I won't have to feel like some kind of weirdo for not liking Scarface or the Sopranos.

Thar' ya go. That should be my last deep and philosophical post for the week.

Survive your Monday with class.

Autumn Piper
Got romance?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm not a fan of any kind of violent movie. Don't see the purpose.