USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

EPIC decision

It's been almost 2 years since I let my RWA dues go, and I honestly don't feel like I've missed out on anything by no longer being a member.

Now it's time to register for the EPIC competition, and I'm leaning toward joining as a member. I've got 3 books eligible for entry (I know contests are a crap-shoot, but dang it, if you win, the publicity is awesome). Entry fees are only $35 for nonmembers, and $25 for members (wow, just wow, what a deal, compared to entering the Golden Heart or RITA... just sayin'). And membership is just $30, so my entire yearly membership would pay for itself with 3 entries. I might have to join.

Also got the request to judge again. Now, judging this contest last year was something altogether new. You can't judge the category you've entered, so I ended up with... Erotic Paranormal, and Fantasy Paranormal... Uhm. Yeah. Not that there's anything wrong with those categories, and people can like whatever they like, but it's tough to judge when it's not your "thing." I'm tossing around the judging-again decision.

Anybody else have experience, good or bad, with EPIC, either the contest or the organization?

Piper Denna

Romance is sexy!

No comments: