A few special Summer Rules for the kids:
- Just because I am here, does not mean I am here to be your personal chef. You're big kids -- rummage and nuke for yerselves.
- No fighting. None. Snarly comments such as "Eat me" and "Smart one" will result in your banishment. No, not to your room, but outside.
- That big TV in the living room? Not yours. Yours is in your room, and that's the one you'll be using because A)If I have to sew 1.5 million (really 350 more at this point) sunglass sacks and listen to hours on end of Zack and Cody or SportsCenter, I'll have a voluntary aneurysm. B)Youth using the living room TV generally results in the breaking of rule #2. C) I've looked into temporary hearing loss and there's no way for me to induce it, so that screen is gonna be either off or playing an XM music station if I'm out there.
- Chores are now a morning occupation. And I'm not playing Chore Cop all summer, so there'll be new lists with spots for kiddos to initial that they've done each job. Call me anal, but I'm going there from experience...
- Do. Not. Interrupt. Writing time. Unless blood or flames is involved or Orlando Bloom is at the front door.
Have a great day!