USA Today Best of 2012

Friday, May 28, 2010

Lasting impression


We got a sweet little surprise last week. Though it hadn't appeared the previous two springs, right in the middle of our grass, a bright red tulip appeared.

I know with 100% certainty who planted it, and it was probably years ago. She doesn't live around here anymore, but we got a chance to know her, and she's very much like this little flower. Quiet, unassuming, a beautiful person who'd been transplanted here and made the best of things.

Of course, when we mowed, we had to save it. We all miss her very much.

The tulip just made me think... we all leave an impression, good or bad, when we're gone. No matter who we are, we leave something behind for others to remember.

So. Those are my deep thoughts for today. I'm off now to work on my newest writing project. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

Autumn Piper

Got romance?

No comments: