USA Today Best of 2012

Friday, March 25, 2011

Things That Work


Next product up for the Piper Patter Seal of Affection:

Jergens Natural Glow--it's a moisturizer, with a bit of shimmer and a little self-tanner. About this time of the year, my skin is almost fluorescent, and it bugs me. No way am I donning capris if my legs look like white neon sticks. So this has been my solution for several years now. It's hard to mess this one up, because the amount of self-tanning product is very minimal. Takes a few days to give your skin a noticeable tint. And once you do have a base "tan", the shimmer is a very nice touch.

Only place I've ever messed up on this one is when I completely forgot to wash my hands after applying. Got a little OompahLoompah-ish at the bases of my fingers. And the good thing is, it's got enough good moisturizer-stuff, so it doesn't aggravate my eczema, like many other self-tanners. Which is great, because no matter how natural a tan looks, it loses some appeal when punctuated by scaly red blotches.

Another plus, Jergens puts out coupons all the time, so I can always get a buck or two off.

Happy shopping.

Autumn Piper
Got romance?

1 comment:

Sutton Fox said...

At last. A possible solution for the blinding neon. Thanks, woman!