USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's good to be back.

It's been quite a while since I wrote much of anything (other than blog posts and snarky replies to interview questions). Last week I spent a good deal of "thought-time" bemoaning my lack of time for writing.

And then this week I decided if I wanted something to happen, I'd have to take action. So I resolved to write, whether I wanted to or not.

Something magical happened, though. Somewhere in the process of procuring a notebook and writing down all the important stuff about plot and characters, I slipped into The Zone. Hadn't been there in... probably a few years. In The Zone, my brain is working on the story constantly. When I lay down in bed, when I wake up in bed. Heck, half the time I dream about the story. When I'm eating, cooking, driving. It's kinda hard to focus on a conversation from The Zone. My poor family....But I love it.

Gotta go write now.

Have a great day.

Piper Denna
Romance is sexy!

1 comment:

Sutton Fox said...

Woo-hoo! Welcome back. It's great to hear that you've made it back to that special writerly place.