USA Today Best of 2012

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tube Tuesday

Ah, the unsung hero... in this case, the BFF with more on his agenda than the heroine knows. In Pretty in Pink, Ducky was the real hero.


I've always thought the guy Andie fell for was a yutz because when his yuppy friend gave him an ultimatum, it took him weeks to stand up for what he felt. Not very heroic, in my opinion. But Ducky, he was there for Andie. Even when he was upset and said he wouldn't be. As soon as she had her heart broken, he was back by her side again. Ready to protect her and make her happy. Then, of course, came that heartbreaking scene at Prom. Which I've turned over in my mind plenty of times, and I guess it worked out for the best. I mean, it would've been rather lame if Andie had ended up with Ducky only after she learned what jerks the "richies" were. And at least Ducky got noticed by some hot girl. *sigh* Still, he's the hero for me in this movie.

Piper Denna
Romance is sexy!

No comments: