USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I did the unthinkable.

Wow. I'm kinda livin' on the edge this week.

I did something I never thought I would (and no, I'm not talking about this extreme diet I'm on, although I never saw myself doing that either), something women simply don't do, at least not the women in my family. At least one of my grandmas would be turning over in her grave if she knew!

And now that the trash truck has come and gone, there's no turning back. It's permanent.
I threw away Tupperware.

*letting that sink in for a moment while the gasps subside*

Yep. And some of it I'd "only" had since before my son was born, when I did a stint as a Tupperware consultant. It'd been used hard and often, but had gotten stained and bubbly-burned and was generally Unfit for Guest Eyes. I've been longing for glass containers with lids, and this weekend splurged on some, so I had no excuse for hanging on to the poor unkempt plasticware any longer. God knows as often as we've moved, it's been good to shove all that plastic into a giant, lightweight box--that won't work with the Pyrex. Still. *sigh* When it's clean, it's really clean... no odors, no burns, no stains.

I've already missed the nice cool handles on the sides of those microwavable plastic bowls, I tell ya. But we'll deal. All things must come to an end, no?

So, so long old bowls... this is where we go our separate ways. (and those new clear glass ones are so much more attractive to eat salad from...)

Autumn Piper
Got romance?

PS and before anybody tells me about the lifetime warranty-- I know all about it from my days consulting. But really, I have no desire to "hook up" with a consultant in order to get my replacements, nor do I want the replacements. That part of my life just needs to be... over. :)

2 comments:

Sutton Fox said...

Ohhhhh. The glass looks so fresh and clean doesn't it? At least that's what I think when I look at it in the store.

Good for you! Color me green. Now I'm going to be looking more seriously if I have to keep up with the Pipers...:)

Stephanie said...

I have no problem parting with yucky old stuff, if it means I get brand new stuff!!