USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Watcha Readin' Wednesday

This week I'm reviewing Klondike Wedding, by Kate Bridges. (and I read it on the Reader- shouldn't Sony be giving me something for plugging their device all the time?)

WRONG GROOM... All Genevieve Summerville wants is a good life for herself in the wild Klondike. She agrees to take handsome Canadian Mountie Luke Hunter as a stand-in groom while her fiance satisfies his gold-fever. But the best-laid plans go awry and Genevieve and Luke find themselves legally bound together!
RIGHT HUSBAND?
Living in close quarters, Genevieve is surprised by Luke's gentleness. And as his kisses awaken her most secret desires, Genevieve must choose between the life she wanted and the longings of her heart...


This is a bit slower-paced than the fiction I'm used to reading, but it's a solid story with believable characters. I have to admit I had a hard time keeping track of the other characters and the "whodunnit" part of the story, but it did all make sense in the end. I rooted for the happily ever after. It seemed like a "sweet" romance for the first 3/4 of the book, with barely a kiss in the way of heat. But once the characters succumbed to passion, the love scenes were fairly detailed. Maybe it was the lack of action which made it hard for me to stay interested, which could be my problem and not a problem with the book itself.

Still undecided whether I'll invest in the other Klondike books (Fictionwise has several of them).
For me, this is a: Borrow It. An okay read, but try to borrow it from a friend or library.

On the reader: Forever in Your Embrace, by Kathleen Woodiwiss
On the nightstand: Drums of Autumn (still), by Diana Gabaldon

Autumn Piper
Got romance?

No comments: