USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bad mom?

We've got no new books to review this week. Instead, I'm up for opinions completely off the subject of writing.

I sort, wash, dry, re-sort, and fold my kids' (age 11 and 13) laundry. Lately we've been on an Inside-out Binge, meaning one of them is peeling every last piece of clothing off and tossing it in the laundry inside-out, which irritates me at folding time. Don't know why, it's just a peeve. And after numerous requests, I'm still getting the same ole thing.

Well. I told them I'm going to start folding them that way. Which elicited outrage from Cornfuscius. He thinks it's incredibly lazy and wrong of me, and that the washing machine is probably turning things inside-out (suddenly, without having done so previously).

So I ask you...am I being a Laundry Nazi? Should I buck up and pull out those sleeves and pants legs? (about the socks - fuhgettaboutit. No way do I turn socks right. The toes are always full of creepy stuff.)

Autumn Piper
Romance is sexy!

No comments: