USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Watcha Readin' Wednesday

This week's review title is Mine Till Midnight, by Lisa Kleypas. This book is first in a series (I'd previously read and reviewed the sequel, Seduce Me At Sunrise, and loved it).


Kleypas weaves a gripping story and likeable characters. This is a historical series with an unusually fast pace. I have a confession - which will probably rock the historical readers of the world, but I must get it out in the open: I'm not so big on historical description. Tell me what color dress she wore and maybe the type of fabric and be done. I don't need to know every last detail. Nor do I care about her coiffe. Is it up or down? That's all I want to read. Tapestries, schmapestries. Puhhlies. Get the story moving already! Kleypas gives us a minimum of description and keeps the plot rolling.

Thanks to these books, I now have a bit of a sweet spot for gypsies. And this installment is a perfect opener for book #2, so I feel like now I must go back and read Seduce Me At Sunrise, to properly experience the tension build-up as Kleypas intended.

I love these books. Can't wait to read more about this family. This book is a Keeper. You won’t regret either time or money spent with this book. It has a permanent spot on your shelf. Recommend it freely and lend it carefully to that trustworthy “inner circle” of reader friends. Lisa Kleypas is on my To Be Read list.

On the nightstand: Charlie All Night, by Jennifer Crusie.

Autumn Piper
Got romance?

No comments: