I wish I still had that little book. There were some real gems inside. Like the warm puppy, Linus' blanket, Schroder's piano...
Today I'm going to deviate from my normal Monday whine (hey, it's the last Monday of '08, I'm over their awfulness for now) and list some things I think most everyone loves. In no particular order:
- A warm puppy. Or how about a grown dog, who loves you so much he/she sits on your feet and stares up at you with that adoring look?
- When your cat snuggles up with you and purrs his little heart out
- Holding a sleeping baby
- Hot cocoa
- Those fuzzy chenille slipper socks (yes, you're seeing a pattern with warmth here. Well, it IS winter, ya know)
- That very old, slightly outdated, but incredibly comfy sweater you've had for decades.
- A box of chocolates
- Indiana Jones (if you disagree, you're wrong. Get over it.
- Gift cards
- Checking the bank account balance and NOT being alarmed
- Watching kids sled
- Looking at sleeping kids
- Little boys who tell their mommies they are pretty. And not fat.
- Bubble baths
- Foot massages
- The movies 10 Things I Hate About You and The Wedding Singer. Some things, in the words of Young Cornfuscius, "Just never get old."
Those are a few of my "favorite things". Oprah's list might be fancier, but mine is "priceless". LOL Anything you'd like added to the list?