USA Today Best of 2012

Monday, December 29, 2008

Things that Don't Suck - not a lot, not a little, not even at all

When I was small (I mean when I was a kid, not when I was 10 years younger and 40 lbs lighter) I had a cute little board book called Happinesss is a Warm Puppy. It had pictures of all the Peanuts gang and what made them happy. The point of the book was that there are lots of wonderful things, but what makes us happy varies from one person to the next. And that's okay.

I wish I still had that little book. There were some real gems inside. Like the warm puppy, Linus' blanket, Schroder's piano...

Today I'm going to deviate from my normal Monday whine (hey, it's the last Monday of '08, I'm over their awfulness for now) and list some things I think most everyone loves. In no particular order:

  • A warm puppy. Or how about a grown dog, who loves you so much he/she sits on your feet and stares up at you with that adoring look?
  • When your cat snuggles up with you and purrs his little heart out
  • Holding a sleeping baby
  • Hot cocoa
  • Those fuzzy chenille slipper socks (yes, you're seeing a pattern with warmth here. Well, it IS winter, ya know)
  • That very old, slightly outdated, but incredibly comfy sweater you've had for decades.
  • A box of chocolates
  • Indiana Jones (if you disagree, you're wrong. Get over it. )
  • Bacon
  • Gift cards
  • Checking the bank account balance and NOT being alarmed
  • Watching kids sled
  • Looking at sleeping kids
  • Little boys who tell their mommies they are pretty. And not fat.
  • Bubble baths
  • Foot massages
  • The movies 10 Things I Hate About You and The Wedding Singer. Some things, in the words of Young Cornfuscius, "Just never get old."

Those are a few of my "favorite things". Oprah's list might be fancier, but mine is "priceless". LOL Anything you'd like added to the list?

Autumn

Got romance?

No comments: