USA Today Best of 2012

Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Kid Funny

Ahh, the glory of that last-day-before-Christmas-break feeling! The teacher gifts are all prepped and packed (giving the gift of gambling this year - scratch tickets, baby), we've got a pile of snow for sledding, and the kids are stoked.

Me? I'm planning to use those early mornings after Mister heads off to work (while the kidlets are still snoozing) to write. I've got a story to finish, and it better be soon. January's looking like a very busy month for me work-wise. I'm already booked for almost all of it.

And speaking of work, that's where I got this week's funny. Last year I subbed in a first-grade class right before Christmas break. We read some story about Santa (helping the parents with their subterfuge...) and had stopped to discuss something about being good. One little boy raised his hand and said, "Yeah, or you'll get COLESLAW." Took me quite a bit of head-scratching, but I finally made the connection. Coal/coleslaw in the stocking. Heh. Poor lil dude has probably never seen real life coal, and really, for a 6 year old, getting a pile of shredded cabbage is every bit as offensive as a prehistoric rock!

Merry Friday!
May the Christmas spirit guide you to a pausing place beneath the mistletoe with someone hunky.

Autumn
Got romance?

No comments: