USA Today Best of 2012

Monday, March 8, 2010

You've really gotta feel like a nut....



"Sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't." So true.
The kids and I stopped by a convenience store on the way home from school the other day to get snacks (which means candy) so I joined the fray, and picked out an Almond Joy.
What the hell was I thinking? I mean, coconuts, almonds and chocolate are
the bomb, but...
Do they seriously call that a candy bar? Everytime I get one, I'm left feeling ripped off. It's two bite-sized lumps (you can stretch it by taking two tiny bites of each lump, but really... it's a stretch). Two lumps. Two Almonds. Criminy. So here I was, polishing off Tiny Bite #4 and look over to see my daughter still working on the first half of her 3 Musketeers. Damn.
Yes, the image to the left is really half of what I paid something like a buck for. If you're viewing this blog post on a very small smart phone, the image is probably actual size.

Lesson learned. Next time I'm up for the Musketeers or one of those awesome Reese's with Dark Chocolate. I refuse to be scammed by the Coconut Con Team again. No more bite-size candybars in full-size packaging for me!
Unless I really, really feel like a nut....

Autumn Piper
Got romance?

No comments: