USA Today Best of 2012

Monday, October 26, 2009

Things That Suck More Than Mondays

These are "super-noyas", things that irritated me so much I thought my head would implode like a dying star...

Yesterday morning I woke up only to find my Reader had de-charged itself all night while plugged into my laptop, rather than re-charging. When the laptop went into its power-save mode, the Reader seemed to think it was plugged into nothing (as it does when plugged into a charger which fits its port but isn't the $50 Sony accessory....grrr) and kept searching for a computer. So it was beyond dead and I had to wait to read the fabulous manuscript I've been previewing (A Bitch Named Karma - so excited to be working on it!). Yah, not what I wanted to wake up to.

This morning at 6 AM we got serenaded by some God-awful racket coming from our Universal Power Supply, from which all sorts of things get their juice - my son's desktop, the printer, the router and modem. Took forever to stumble around his room and figure out what gadget was making the racket (which makes the sound from smoke detectors sound like a lullaby). Luckily my man found the power switch and was able to shut the sucker down, and a while later it powered up okay. Might be time to replace that puppy, though.

Hope your Monday started off better!

Piper Denna
Romance is sexy!

No comments: