USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Watcha Readin' Wednesday

This week's review book is Swept Away, by Toni Blake. (and I read it on my Sony Reader...)

The blurb:

Of all the islands in the world, he had to wash up onto hers . . .

Five days before her wedding to a man she admires but doesn't love, Katrina Spencer escapes to a private island. There she can let the sun warm her body as she contemplates a future without the passion she craves. Then she lazily opens her eyes, only to see Brock Denton . . . muscular, half-naked, the one who got away—the one who makes her body tingle with arousal.

How Brock arrived is a mystery, but it's clear he's in danger. Kat faces danger, too, in the arms of a man who is determined to free her from her every inhibition with his hands, his mouth, and ore

Kat has five steamy days and five sultry nights to make up her mind—return home to a man she doesn't love, or satisfy her wildest passions with Brock and let herself be . . . Swept Away

The first half of this book, the sexual tension is so thick it was hard for me to breathe properly. (or at least as slowly as normal!) I'm talking hot, edge-of-your-seat stuff. Makes you remember how it is to want somebody so bad, you'll kell over if you don't have them. And both characters' points of view are equally sympathetic, equally hot. I have to say (my one and only gripe), once the characters got it on, the tension flagged and it seemed like I was killing time as much as they were, awaiting rescue while they had sex, sex, sex. Of course, post-rescue, we went back to the high tension as we hung on for the nice happy ending.

Brock is a good, hot guy women can like - a former bad boy trying hard to outrun his past and all the hangups it comes with. Kat is totally relatable for any woman who's ever stayed in some type of relationship because it seemed like too much hassle to end it.

I'd rate this book a Nice Bang for Your Entertainment Buck. Well worth your time and money, but not necessarily worth a re-read. Pass it on to someone who’ll enjoy it and keep the author on your radar. - I'll definitely be looking for more Toni Blake titles.

On the Reader: Klondike Wedding, by Kate Bridges
On the nightstand: Drums of Autumn, by Diana Gabaldon

Piper Denna
Romance is sexy!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right now I am reading book one of the first series of Warriors-Into the Wild-by Erin Hunter. My son (he's 11) is really into these books right now and he nagged me to read it. I have to say that the writting is very good. And while it's not a book I would pick out for myself in the bookstore, I'm enjoying it. Like a lot of authors, I'm a cat person. These books are about wild cats and how they live. I think the authors have done a great job at getting inside the head of their characters (cats). If anyone is looking for a new series for their kid(s) to get wrapped up in, I'd start here.