USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Paper or cloth?

What’s your preferred type of book?

Are you a paperback person, loving the compact, lightweight, cheap version of the printed word?

Or do you prefer a good, solid hard cover edition for its feeling of permanence and general worthiness?

I’m a paperbacker. I love the way a well-loved paperback wears, love feeling free to dog-ear pages as I like (I’d never, ever, dog-ear in a hard cover), love shoving one in my purse for reading in a waiting room or a long line.

Not that I won’t snap up hard cover editions of my friend’s books when they come out, then happily pay for their heft when I mail them off for autographs! And those spines will probably stay forever in tact. Can’t wait.



Piper Denna
Romance is sexy!

No comments: