USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sometimes a few minutes is plenty.

It's premiere week--one of my favorite times of the year. I love finding new, awesome shows. (although I'll admit, sometimes I'm a slowpoke and don't really catch on to the really good ones until their 2nd season or beyond)

We watched 2 Broke Girls Monday, and the snarky bits really cracked me up. (tender moments, not so much; don't know if it was the acting or the script was just smarmy in places) I'll probably watch it again next week. 2 1/2 Men con Ashton is a big YES from me.

Last night I gave Unforgettable a shot. Briefly. And you know, I love The Mentalist, and there was another show a few years ago about a psychic who "witnessed" crimes (murders?) that I kinda got into. But this one? Meh. Maybe I was permanently turned off by the show's expert, who went through a crime scene/home and determined the woman who lived there was a "lonely woman" because all her books were romances.

!!!!

Now, I understand it was the character's opinion, and not necessarily the script writer's... except none of the other characters refuted his call. Kinda irked me. Kinda irked me enough that I picked up my phone and cruised Twitter til I was caught up, then glanced up in time to see some psychic scenes flashing by and really couldn't bring myself to care about the story anymore. Changed the channel to the news. See, for a character to be a successful, liked-by-fans jackass, he's got to have established a relationship with his audience first. Be an amazing, smart-as-hell doctor, like Greg House. But not some dude who just spouts jerky opinions. (wrong opinions, by the way. LOL)

So that's a free time slot I'll have every week. :)

Piper Denna
Romance is sexy! (not lonely, you asinine, opinionated twit of a cop-character)

No comments: