USA Today Best of 2012

Thursday, December 2, 2010

That just doesn't get old.

Yesterday, I got to hold my first print copy of Fallen Star Trouble. (yes, that link goes to the Kindle edition, because Amazon doesn't have the cover art up for the print edition, and yes, I ordered the print edition through Amazon)

It's such a big deal for an author. Makes something real when you can hold it in your hands (and no, I'm not going to do the baby-simile, even though I could compare the digital edition to an ultrasound and the print edition to the "real thing", because after editing I can honestly say the baby-simile for books has grown teethgrindingi-old. Nobody in the world would have to beat their baby into submission the way we work over a manuscript). But, wow. This one is no less exciting than when I first held Lone Star Trouble almost a year ago (albeit, it is a bit more frightening since I have zero books in the pipes right now under contract...eek!).

Have a great day!

Autumn Piper
Got romance?

No comments: