USA Today Best of 2012

Monday, February 22, 2010

Well, no WONDER I like figure skating!

I suppose I should specify -- I like to watch figure skating. Never tried to ice skate, and probably never will now (you know the old saying, the bigger they are, the harder they fall.).

Synchronized anything always captivates me (like swimming, or lots of people dancing the same choreographed number). People cooperating, working together as one... oh, but don't nominate me as Ms. Communal Hippie '10 just yet. I'm great about complying up until someone tells me to do something that doesn't make sense. And then all bets are off, baby. ;)

But I digress.

I watched the couples figure skating on the Olympics last night and was just as enamoured (the "u" is for all our Canadian friends because they're having a tough time of it this year, and clearly bummed about it. Chins, up, Kannuks! It's all good. Really. This too shall pass!)... uh, where was I? Oh yeah. Here I was staring at the couple on screen and it hit me: I had that same warm fuzzy feeling I get in a romantic movie! Couples skating is romantic! ding, ding, ding... Well, of course it is. Look at how dedicated they both are, to one goal. Look how in tune to one another they are. It's like ballroom dancing to the 100th power. And come on, even though most of the couples are not romantic pairings, those two have to know each other at least as well as most married people do. Factor in the great bods and... Yep. Definitely romantic.

Can't wait for the show tonight!

Autumn Piper

Got romance?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I know, wasn't it beautiful? I love to watch the figure skating too, especially the couples! So lovely!