USA Today Best of 2012

Friday, July 1, 2011

Cookbooks... victims of the internet?

My cookbooks are gathering dust, and not because I've stopped using recipes (or cooking, though my family might argue). I still use them for my tried-and-true favorite recipes--got an index box with the best of those, mostly magazine tearouts, and some of them are internet printouts. But, when I'm going for something new, I turn to the net. Because, let's face it... my sweet collection of cookbooks can't come close to the vast number of recipes online.

This morning it was a recipe for croutons. I know I made them a couple years ago, but can't remember if it was from a book or the net. So I blew 10 minutes looking through all my books... and here I am now, going online to read some better ones. (note I said "read". LOL. This is one where I'll look at how somebody else does it, take away what I want, and wing it."

Do you get recipes online?

Autumn Piper
Got recipes?

No comments: