USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Are you a checker?

I love things that are concrete. (not sidewalk kind of concrete, but real kind of concrete, so don't start thinking you need to put me on an episode of Taboo or anything) One of the job-skills/personality strengths assessments I took long, long ago pegged me as someone who likes to know exactly what is expected of me, what is coming up. Totally true. Which makes me... listmaker. A checker-off-er. I love to create lists of what I know I have to get done (and I always leave room to write in things I end up doing that I didn't foresee), so I can look back and see how much I've finished in relation to how much is left. And lists on the computer are... just okay for me. I do like to generate the lists there, but then I always print them. For me, there's whole other level of accompishment-satisfaction in physically checking something off.

How the heck this relates to someone who writes mainly by the seat of her pants, I cannot say. LOL

But the fact is, I've got the Megalodon of all To-Do lists running right now, to keep myself on track for finishing everything before my upcoming vacation... and I'm pretty stoked looking at it. Looks like I'm going to have all those boxes checked.

Love,
Rainman

1 comment:

Sutton Fox said...

Every one you check off gets you that much closer to vacation. Yay for you!!!