USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Busted. Time to get out the bar soap.

Well, Lone Star Trouble just earned its lowest rating to date, a "3 books", which I assume is out of 5 possible.

Looks like the reviewer did not appreciate my heroine swearing like a cowgirl. In fact, she actually used the term "potty mouth". LOL. Apparently Kiersten's language and attitude took away from the love story. (and we all know how girls who use 4 letter words never fall in love) I can respect that some people don't appreciate language. However, I'm not certain how many books without it those people can find to review. And I'm a little surprised the same person who was bothered by swearing didn't have an earful to say about Kiersten's gay best friend. But, maybe the review site wouldn't allow that type of opinion to be expressed. Ah, well. You can't win 'em all, and she did say it was "entertaining".

You can read the full review here.


Autumn Piper
Got romance?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hmmm...well then....I'm in for some bad reviews when A Bitch Named Karma comes out. I don't get it though...in real life, that's how some people are. If I took out every 4 letter word in my book...well..Lexi would not be Lexi. It would completely change my character.