USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Due date, shmoo date.

14 years ago today, I was pissed.


And very large.


November 30th was my due date when I was pregnant with my daughter. The doctor and both midwives had been telling me for weeks they thought she'd arrive early--she'd dropped more than a month before and I was simply, massively, uncomfortable. But on D-day... nothing. The doctors were planning stress tests if I didn't deliver soon, but no significant contractions that Sunday.


My SIL was also due November 30th last year, with a girl. And guess what? No baby. (in fact, she delivered on the same date I did... which is a story for another day) So for any women out there who are prego and "due" today, I'm feelin' for ya. Really. Hang in there. :)


Autumn Piper
Got romance?

No comments: