USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Watcha Readin' Wednesday

I've got 3 more EPIC entries left to judge (actually 2 1/2, and boy am I counting!) by Saturday, so there's no time for reading anything else. And I have to say in all honesty, though I've read some interesting stories and a couple of really good books, some of the entries I received have been, well... disappointing in the editing department. By and large, the most points I've taken off have been in regards to really big editing issues, and I've noticed a pattern with them coming from particular publishers (who I won't name). Entire paragraphs repeated one after another, missing words, no punctuation at all, and one entry actually still had someone's critique markup still in it (LOLs and :)'s). Which I find... disappointing and a very poor reflection on the ebook industry. What about people who paid their good hard-earned money to buy books they expected to have been edited? It's just wrong. On so many levels.

Off to read til my eyes bleed,

Piper Denna
Romance is sexy!

No comments: