USA Today Best of 2012

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Once you go black...

OK, so now that I've got your attention...

This post is about hair color.

Mine has been on the dark side (insert Vader-Voice) for the past several years, and though I've tried going a little lighter lately, piling hair color on top of hair color every 4 weeks pretty much results in... dark. So I finally gave up the ghost and decided to visit my friendly hair girl, to have her professional lighten the entire mess--which basically means stripping out the color I had, and then putting in a new color over the resulting orange (true story--hair is not clear if all color is removed--it's orange. Mine is Carrot-Top Orange). So now, after 3 hours in the chair, I'm finally back to my natural (previous, anyway--my natural color now falls somewhere between "tinsel" and "nickel") hair color. A very light golden brown, fastened to a rather tender scalp.

Lesson learned? Don't go to a really dark hair color unless you intend to stay that way... or have a really strange growing-out period.

Autumn Piper
Got romance?

No comments: